Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas to You


"Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening"

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

- Robert Frost, 1923

---

Thank you for the gifts of your time and your words.  Merry Christmas to you and yours.

6 comments:

  1. Robert Frost. Perfect. Have a wonderful day, Kristen. Happy holidays to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my most favorite poem. Ever. I memorized it when I was first learning about poetry...

    Merry Christmas Kristen :) Hope you're having a wonderful time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas! I hope you had a wonderful, special day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A favorite poem. A beautiful picture. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite poems. Thanks for letting me enjoy it all over again. Hope you had a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from you! I often reply to comments via e-mail so please make sure your e-mail address is set to "public" on your profile.