Saturday, January 16, 2010
Last week my blogging buddy Liz at ...but then I had kids presented me with the Happy 101 award, given to bloggers who make you smile. Thanks, Liz! Your witty, insightful writing never fails to make me smile - so that happy thing? It's reciprocal!
Today I give you a special edition of Six Quick Picks - six things that made me happy this week:
1. Big Boy's questions: "Mommy, what's Grandma and Grandpa's planet?"; "How is a mast like a walrus?"; "Do ducks eat alligators every day?"
2. The UConn women's basketball team: A 55-game winning streak. Power, teamwork, grace. A visit from ESPN's College GameDay - a first for any women's team in any sport.
3. Tiny Baby's laugh: Surprisingly deep, syrupy sweet. A throaty blend of Kathleen Turner and Barry White. Delicious.
4. Chocolate-covered pretzels: Sweet. Salty. Perfection.
5. Peony-scented hand soap: A heady reminder of the swollen, scent-filled blossoms on the Midwestern roadside and at the Farmers' Market in June.
6. Kelly Diels and the Help Haiti Blog Challenge: Leadership by example. Social media mobilized for the greater good. (By the way, have you left your comment on yesterday's post? Each comment means another $2 for Partners in Health's earthquake recovery efforts in Haiti.)
Looking to boost your own happiness quotient this weekend? Pay a visit to my friend Linda at Barmitzvahzilla. Linda writes about her unique family with great humor and tremendous tenderness. I feel very lucky to have found her out here in the blogosphere. Linda, I pass this Happy 101 award along to you!
What made you happy this week?